Related Occupations for Task
17-2131.00 - Materials Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Plan and evaluate new projects, consulting with other engineers and corporate executives as necessary.
- Confer with contractors, utility companies, or government agencies to discuss plans, specifications, or work schedules.
- Plan alteration or modification of existing transportation structures to improve safety or function.
- Evaluate construction project materials for compliance with environmental standards.
- Develop plans to deconstruct damaged or obsolete roadways or other transportation structures in a manner that is environmentally sound or prepares the land for sustainable development.
- Confer with research and biomanufacturing personnel to ensure the compatibility of design and production.
- Collaborate with manufacturing or quality assurance staff to prepare product specification or safety sheets, standard operating procedures, user manuals, or qualification and validation reports.
- Prepare project plans for biochemical equipment or facility improvements, including time lines, budgetary estimates, or capital spending requests.
- Consult with chemists or biologists to develop or evaluate novel technologies.
- Collaborate with architects or related professionals on whole building design to maximize the aesthetic features of structures or surrounding land and to improve energy efficiency.
- Develop planting plans to help clients garden productively or to achieve particular aesthetic effects.
- Collaborate with estimators to cost projects, create project plans, or coordinate bids from landscaping contractors.
- Consult with engineers to discuss or interpret design concepts, or determine requirements of detailed working drawings.
- Review blueprints to determine customer requirements and consult with assembler regarding schematics, wiring procedures, or conductor paths.
||Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
See more related occupations >>