Related occupations for task:
Perform chemical analyses of the microorganism content of soils to determine microbial reactions or chemical mineralogical relationships to plant growth.
- Examine physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics, using microscope, to identify and classify microorganisms in human, water, and food specimens.
- Provide laboratory services for health departments, community environmental health programs, and physicians needing information for diagnosis and treatment.
||Molecular and Cellular Biologists
- Compile and analyze molecular or cellular experimental data and adjust experimental designs as necessary.
- Perform laboratory procedures following protocols including deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequencing, cloning and extraction, ribonucleic acid (RNA) purification, or gel electrophoresis.
||Biochemists and Biophysicists
- Determine the three-dimensional structure of biological macromolecules.
- Isolate, analyze, or synthesize vitamins, hormones, allergens, minerals, or enzymes and determine their effects on body functions.
||Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists
- Prepare and analyze organ, tissue, and cell samples to identify toxicity, bacteria, or microorganisms or to study cell structure.
||Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists
- Collect and dissect animal specimens and examine specimens under microscope.
See all 8 related occupations >>