Related Occupations for Task
19-2043.00 - Hydrologists
Related occupations for task:
Conduct research and communicate information to promote the conservation and preservation of water resources.
- Conduct environmental sustainability assessments, using material flow analysis (MFA) or substance flow analysis (SFA) techniques.
- Prepare technical and research reports, such as environmental impact reports, and communicate the results to individuals in industry, government, or the general public.
- Carry out environmental assessments in accordance with applicable standards, regulations, or laws.
||Environmental Restoration Planners
- Communicate findings of environmental studies or proposals for environmental remediation to other restoration professionals.
- Identify short- and long-term impacts of environmental remediation activities.
- Conduct feasibility and cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Conduct research on economic and environmental topics, such as alternative fuel use, public and private land use, soil conservation, air and water pollution control, and endangered species protection.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to communicate economic and environmental study results, to present policy recommendations, or to raise awareness of environmental consequences.
||Geoscientists, Except Hydrologists and Geographers
- Communicate geological findings by writing research papers, participating in conferences, or teaching geological science at universities.
- Determine methods to incorporate geomethane or methane hydrates into global energy production or evaluate the potential environmental impacts of such incorporation.
||Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health
- Conduct applied research on environmental topics, such as waste control or treatment or pollution abatement methods.
See all 10 related occupations >>