Related occupations for task:
Participate in the evaluation of possible mining locations.
||Geoscientists, Except Hydrologists and Geographers
- Locate and estimate probable natural gas, oil, or mineral ore deposits or underground water resources, using aerial photographs, charts, or research or survey results.
- Identify deposits of construction materials suitable for use as concrete aggregates, road fill, or other applications.
- Identify new sources of platinum group elements for industrial applications, such as automotive fuel cells or pollution abatement systems.
- Locate potential sources of geothermal energy.
||Geophysical Data Technicians
- Measure geological characteristics used in prospecting for oil or gas, using measuring instruments.
- Apply new technologies, such as improved seismic imaging techniques, to locate untapped oil or natural gas deposits.