Related occupations for task:
Locate barriers to client employment, such as inaccessible work sites, inflexible schedules, or transportation problems, and work with clients to develop strategies for overcoming these barriers.
||Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
- Identify cases of domestic abuse or other family problems and encourage students or parents to seek additional assistance from mental health professionals.
- Provide disabled students with assistive devices, supportive technology, and assistance accessing facilities, such as restrooms.
||Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Consult with parents, teachers, and other school personnel to determine causes of problems, such as truancy and misbehavior, and to implement solutions.
- Evaluate personal characteristics and home conditions of foster home or adoption applicants.
||Social and Human Service Assistants
- Assist clients with preparation of forms, such as tax or rent forms.
- Assist in planning food budgets, using charts or sample budgets.
||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Assist clients in adhering to treatment plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging for transportation to appointments, or providing support.
||Healthcare Social Workers
- Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.