Related occupations for task:
Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe or tubing, using pipe fitter's tools.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
- Cut and tape plastic separating film to outside repair areas to avoid damaging surrounding surfaces during repair procedure and remove tape and wash surfaces after repairs are complete.
- Measure and mark vinyl material and cut material to size for roof installation, using rules, straightedges, and hand shears.
- Cut openings in vehicle bodies for the installation of customized windows, using templates and power shears or chisels.
||Fabric Menders, Except Garment
- Measure and hem curtains, garments, and canvas coverings to size, using tape measures.
- Trim edges of cut or torn fabric, using scissors or knives, and stitch trimmed edges together.
||Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Hold cut or uneven edges of glass against automated abrasive belts to shape or smooth edges.
- Cut flat safety glass according to specified patterns or perform precision pattern making and glass cutting to custom fit replacement windows.
||Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers
- Trim trees that could be hazardous to the functioning of cables or wires.
- Cut and peel lead sheathing and insulation from defective or newly installed cables and conduits prior to splicing.
||Home Appliance Repairers
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe, and connect it to feeder lines and equipment or appliances, using rules and hand tools.
- Take measurements to determine if appliances will fit in installation locations, performing minor carpentry work when necessary to ensure proper installation.
See more related occupations >>