- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Weld, repair, and fabricate equipment or machinery.
- Fabricate and dismantle parts, equipment, and machines, using a cutting torch or other cutting equipment.
- Construct foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials such as wood, cement, and steel.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Fabricate ducts for high efficiency heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to maximize efficiency of systems.
- Finish parts, using hacksaws or hand, rotary, or squaring shears.
- Shape metal material over anvils, blocks, or other forms, using hand tools.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, or drills.
- Perform sheet metal work necessary for solar panel installations.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Make wood replacement parts, using woodworking machines and hand tools.
- Assemble and install new pipe organs and pianos in buildings.
- Assemble bars onto percussion instruments.
- Stretch drumheads over rim hoops and tuck them around and under the hoops, using hand tucking tools.
- Shape or fabricate parts, such as stacks, uptakes, or chutes, to adapt pressure vessels, heat exchangers, or piping to premises, using heavy-metalworking machines such as brakes, rolls, or drill presses.
- Shape seams, joints, or irregular edges of pressure vessel sections or structural parts to attain specified fit of parts, using cutting torches, hammers, files, or metalworking machines.
- Straighten or reshape bent pressure vessel plates or structure parts, using hammers, jacks, or torches.
||Mechanical Door Repairers
- Wind large springs with upward motion of arm.
- Fasten angle iron back-hangers to ceilings and tracks, using fasteners or welding equipment.
- Fabricate replacements for worn or broken parts, using welders, lathes, drill presses, or shaping or milling machines.