Related occupations for task:
Direct bands or orchestras.
- Use gestures to shape the music being played, communicating desired tempo, phrasing, tone, color, pitch, volume, and other performance aspects.
- Direct groups at rehearsals and live or recorded performances to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance dynamics, rhythm, and tempo.
- Plan and schedule rehearsals and performances, and arrange details such as locations, accompanists, and instrumentalists.
- Position members within groups to obtain balance among instrumental or vocal sections.
- Conduct guest soloists in addition to ensemble members.
- Direct shows, productions, and plays.
||Music Composers and Arrangers
- Guide musicians during rehearsals, performances, or recording sessions.
||Communications Teachers, Postsecondary
- Direct theatre productions and projects.