Related occupations for task:
Report to supervisors or therapists, verbally or in writing, on patients' progress, attitudes, attendance, and accomplishments.
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
- Review and edit transcribed reports or dictated material for spelling, grammar, clarity, consistency, and proper medical terminology.
- Transcribe dictation for a variety of medical reports, such as patient histories, physical examinations, emergency room visits, operations, chart reviews, consultation, or discharge summaries.
- Distinguish between homonyms and recognize inconsistencies and mistakes in medical terms, referring to dictionaries, drug references, and other sources on anatomy, physiology, and medicine.
- Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms to ensure the accuracy of patient and health care facility records.
- Decide which information should be included or excluded in reports.
||Speech-Language Pathology Assistants
- Collect and compile data to document clients' performance or assess program quality.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or other visual displays to communicate clients' performance information.
||Physical Therapist Assistants
- Observe patients during treatments to compile and evaluate data on their responses and progress and provide results to physical therapist in person or through progress notes.
||Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Report to supervisors, verbally or in writing, on patients' progress, attitudes, and behavior.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Write reports, maintain research information, or perform clerical duties.