Related occupations for task:
Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
||Transportation Security Screeners
- Inspect carry-on items, using x-ray viewing equipment, to determine whether items contain objects that warrant further investigation.
- Search carry-on or checked baggage by hand when it is suspected to contain prohibited items such as weapons.
- Test baggage for any explosive materials, using equipment such as explosive detection machines or chemical swab systems.
- Send checked baggage through automated screening machines, and set bags aside for searching or rescreening as indicated by equipment.
- Inspect checked baggage for signs of tampering.
- View images of checked bags and cargo, using remote screening equipment, and alert baggage screeners or handlers to any possible problems.
||Customs and Border Protection Officers
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
||Correctional Officers and Jailers
- Inspect mail for the presence of contraband.