Related occupations for task:
Investigate or direct investigations of freight theft, suspicious damage or loss of passengers' valuables, or other crimes on railroad property.
||First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- Monitor and evaluate the job performance of subordinates, and authorize promotions and transfers.
- Discipline staff for violation of department rules and regulations.
- Direct release or transfer of prisoners.
- Prepare budgets and manage expenditures of department funds.
- Study activities relating to narcotics, money laundering, gangs, auto theft rings, terrorism, or other national security threats.
- Link or chart suspects to criminal organizations or events to determine activities and interrelationships.
- Study the assets of criminal suspects to determine the flow of money from or to targeted groups.
||Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Investigate organized crime, public corruption, financial crime, copyright infringement, civil rights violations, bank robbery, extortion, kidnapping, and other violations of federal or state statutes.
- Administer counterterrorism and counternarcotics reward programs.
||Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs
- Investigate illegal or suspicious activities.
- Supervise law enforcement staff, such as jail staff, officers, and deputy sheriffs.
||Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
See all 9 related occupations >>