Related occupations for task:
Visit retailers and sales representatives to promote products and gather information.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Contact new or existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs.
- Obtain building blueprints or specifications for use by engineering departments in bid preparations.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
||Real Estate Sales Agents
- Interview clients to determine what kinds of properties they are seeking.
- Contact previous clients for prospecting of referral business.
- Contact property owners and advertise services to solicit property sales listings.
||Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents
- Interview clients to determine clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, or financial objectives.
- Determine customers' financial services needs and prepare proposals to sell services that address these needs.
- Contact prospective customers to present information and explain available services.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Learn about competitors' products or consumers' interests or concerns to answer questions or provide more complete information.
- Contact businesses or civic establishments to arrange to exhibit and sell merchandise.
See all 17 related occupations >>