Related occupations for task:
Operate road watering, oiling, or rolling equipment, or street sealing equipment, such as chip spreaders.
||Paving, Surfacing, and Tamping Equipment Operators
- Operate machines to spread, smooth, level, or steel-reinforce stone, concrete, or asphalt on road beds.
- Light burners or start heating units of machines, and regulate screed temperatures and asphalt flow rates.
- Start machine, engage clutch, and push and move levers to guide machine along forms or guidelines and to control the operation of machine attachments.
- Control paving machines to push dump trucks and to maintain a constant flow of asphalt or other material into hoppers or screeds.
- Operate oil distributors, loaders, chip spreaders, dump trucks, and snow plows.
- Operate machines that clean or cut expansion joints in concrete or asphalt and that rout out cracks in pavement.
- Drive and operate curbing machines to extrude concrete or asphalt curbing.
||Highway Maintenance Workers
- Apply oil to road surfaces, using sprayers.