||Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
- Apply, remove, and repair insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement, or asphalt mastic.
- Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blowers and hose attachments or cement mortar.
- Move controls, buttons, or levers to start blowers, and to regulate flow of materials through nozzles.
||Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Fit, wrap, staple, or glue insulating materials to structures or surfaces, using hand tools or wires.
- Cover and line structures with blown or rolled forms of materials to insulate against cold, heat, or moisture, using saws, knives, rasps, trowels, blowers, or other tools and implements.
- Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blowers and hose attachments, or cement mortars.
- Move controls, buttons, or levers to start blowers and regulate flow of materials through nozzles.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
||Weatherization Installers and Technicians
- Apply insulation materials, such as loose, blanket, board, and foam insulation to attics, crawl spaces, basements, or walls.
- Wrap air ducts and water lines with insulating materials, such as duct wrap and pipe insulation.
- Prepare and apply weather-stripping, glazing, caulking, or door sweeps to reduce energy losses.
- Wrap water heaters with water heater blankets.
- Perform building weatherization tasks, such as repairing windows, adding insulation, or applying weather-stripping materials.
- Apply weather-stripping to reduce energy loss.
- Install vapor barriers or layers of insulation on flat roofs.