Summary Report for:
53-6032.00 - Aircraft Service Attendants
Service aircraft with fuel. May de-ice aircraft, refill water and cooling agents, empty sewage tanks, service air and oxygen systems, or clean and polish exterior.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Apply de-icing fluid to aircraft from baskets lifted by truck-mounted cranes.
- Change aircraft oil, coolant, or other fluids.
- Clean aircraft interiors by picking up waste, wiping down windows, or vacuuming.
- Climb ladders to reach aircraft surfaces to be cleaned.
- Complete forms describing tasks completed.
- De-grease aircraft exteriors.
- Empty aircraft lavatory systems or refill them with sanitizer fluid.
- Guide aircraft to designated areas using hand signals, batons, or other methods.
- Inspect aircraft components to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems.
- Load baggage or cargo for crew or passengers.
- Mix cleaning compounds or solutions.
- Polish aircraft exteriors.
- Radio to flight dispatchers or other personnel to discuss incoming or outgoing aircraft.
- Refill aircraft potable water tanks.
- Refuel aircraft using hoses connected to fuel trucks.
- Remove exhaust stains from aircraft using cleaning fluids.
- Tow aircraft to gates or hangars using tugs, tractors, or other vehicles.
- Wash the aircraft exteriors using lifts, cranes, detergent, or other equipment.
Detailed Work Activities
- Clean vehicles or vehicle components.
- Service vehicles to maintain functionality.
- Communicate with others to coordinate vehicle movement.
- Perform manual service or maintenance tasks.
- Clean facilities or equipment.
- Climb ladders or vehicles to perform duties.
- Drive trucks or truck-mounted equipment.
- Handle luggage or other possessions for patrons.
- Inspect mechanical components of vehicles to identify problems.
- Maintain plumbing structures or fixtures.
- Maintain repair or maintenance records.
- Mix ingredients.
- Mix substances to create chemical solutions.
- Polish materials, workpieces, or finished products.
- Signal others to coordinate vehicle movement.
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wage data for Aircraft Service Attendants and Transportation Workers, All Other.
Employment data for Aircraft Service Attendants and Transportation Workers, All Other.
Industry data for Aircraft Service Attendants and Transportation Workers, All Other.
|Median wages (2019)||$17.79 hourly, $37,000 annual|
|Employment (2019)||35,800 employees|
|Projected growth (2019-2029)||Average (3% to 4%)|
|Projected job openings (2019-2029)||3,500|
|Top industries (2019)|
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2019 wage data and 2019-2029 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2019-2029). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.