- Appoint department heads or managers and assign or delegate responsibilities to them.
- Direct, plan, or implement policies, objectives, or activities of organizations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, or to increase productivity.
- Direct or coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Direct non-merchandising departments, such as advertising, purchasing, credit, or accounting.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of manufactured products, services, commodities, real estate or other subjects of sale.
- Direct, coordinate, and review activities in sales and service accounting and record-keeping, and in receiving and shipping operations.
- Direct foreign sales and service outlets of an organization.
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, or tracking transportation vehicles, such as aircraft or railroad cars.
- Direct or coordinate the activities of operations department to obtain use of equipment, facilities, or human resources.
- Direct central load control centers to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of transportation services.
||Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Prepare, maintain, or oversee the preparation and maintenance of attendance, activity, planning, or personnel reports and records.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee school logistics programs, such as bus and food services.
||Postmasters and Mail Superintendents
- Organize and supervise activities, such as the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Direct and coordinate operational, management, and supportive services of one or a number of postal facilities.
||Natural Sciences Managers
- Plan or direct research, development, or production activities.
- Design or coordinate successive phases of problem analysis, solution proposals, or testing.
||Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program
- Prepare and maintain attendance, activity, planning, accounting, or personnel reports and records for officials and agencies, or direct preparation and maintenance activities.
- Plan, direct, and monitor instructional methods and content of educational, vocational, or student activity programs.
||Investment Fund Managers
- Develop or direct development of offering documents or marketing materials.
- Direct activities of accounting or operations departments.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote products or services, working with advertising or promotion managers.
- Coordinate or participate in promotional activities or trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, or production managers, to market products or services.
||Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Coordinate activities of departments, such as sales, graphic arts, media, finance, and research.
- Direct and coordinate product research and development.
||Industrial Production Managers
- Direct or coordinate production, processing, distribution, or marketing activities of industrial organizations.
||Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
||Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Manage and oversee operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of commercial, industrial, or residential properties.
- Determine, administer, and execute policies relating to operations administration and standards, and facility maintenance.
||Chief Sustainability Officers
- Direct sustainability program operations to ensure compliance with environmental or governmental regulations.
||Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
- Direct activities of external agencies, establishments, and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs.
||Nursery and Greenhouse Managers
- Coordinate clerical, record-keeping, inventory, requisitioning, and marketing activities.
||Financial Managers, Branch or Department
- Oversee training programs.
||Distance Learning Coordinators
- Direct and support the technical operation of distance learning classrooms or equipment.