- Consult with product development personnel on product specifications, such as design, color, or packaging.
- Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement or royalty sharing with outside producers or distributors.
- Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
- Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding environmentally sound or sustainable products.
||Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Advise sales and billing departments of transportation charges for customers' accounts.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
||Quality Control Systems Managers
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Confer with marketing and sales departments to define client requirements and expectations.
- Consult with corporate attorneys as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
- Collaborate with human resources departments to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations.
- Oversee internal reporting systems, such as corporate compliance hotlines.
||Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Review registration statistics, and consult with faculty officials to develop registration policies.
- Confer with other academic staff to explain and formulate admission requirements and course credit policies.
||Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Implement or monitor complaint processing systems to ensure effective and timely resolution of all complaint investigations.
- Coordinate internal discoveries and depositions with legal department staff.
||Clinical Research Coordinators
- Communicate with laboratories or investigators regarding laboratory findings.
- Confer with health care professionals to determine the best recruitment practices for studies.
||Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Confer with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
- Coordinate with marketing team members and workers such as graphic artists to develop and implement marketing programs.
||Supply Chain Managers
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Identify or qualify new suppliers in collaboration with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, or quality assurance.
||Public Relations Managers
- Confer with labor relations managers to develop internal communications that keep employees informed of company activities.
- Confer and cooperate with other managers to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Confer with board members, organization officials, or staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
||Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Meet with boards of directors and committees to discuss and resolve legal and environmental issues or disputes between neighbors.
||Training and Development Managers
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
||Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
||Investment Fund Managers
- Develop, implement, or monitor security valuation policies.
- Confer or consult with department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications.
||First-Line Supervisors of Entertainment and Recreation Workers, Except Gambling Services
- Collaborate with staff members to plan or develop programs of events or schedules of activities.
||Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Confer with management, production, or marketing staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
||Emergency Management Directors
- Collaborate with other officials to prepare and analyze damage assessments following disasters or emergencies.