- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Consult with product development personnel on product specifications such as design, color, or packaging.
- Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement or royalty sharing with outside producers or distributors.
- Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
- Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding environmentally sound or sustainable products.
||Industrial Production Managers
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Review plans and confer with research or support staff to develop new products or processes.
||Storage and Distribution Managers
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Advise sales and billing departments of transportation charges for customers' accounts.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
||Supply Chain Managers
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Identify or qualify new suppliers in collaboration with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, or quality assurance.
- Confer with board members, organization officials, or staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
- Review reports submitted by staff members to recommend approval or to suggest changes.
- Consult with corporate attorneys as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
- Collaborate with human resources departments to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
||Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
||Nursery and Greenhouse Managers
- Determine types and quantities of horticultural plants to be grown, based on budgets, projected sales volumes, or executive directives.
- Confer with horticultural personnel to plan facility renovations or additions.
||Food Service Managers
- Review menus and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead costs, and assign prices to menu items.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
||Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Review registration statistics, and consult with faculty officials to develop registration policies.
- Confer with other academic staff to explain and formulate admission requirements and course credit policies.
||Clinical Research Coordinators
- Communicate with laboratories or investigators regarding laboratory findings.
- Confer with health care professionals to determine the best recruitment practices for studies.
- Coordinate with other marketing team members and workers such as graphic artists to develop and implement marketing programs.
||Human Resources Managers
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
||Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Meet with boards of directors and committees to discuss and resolve legal and environmental issues or disputes between neighbors.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
||Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
- Confer with labor relations managers to develop internal communications that keep employees informed of company activities.
||Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Confer with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
||Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Create school improvement plans by using student performance data.
||Training and Development Managers
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.