||Treasurers and Controllers
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Determine depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advise management on actions regarding the purchase, lease, or disposal of such items.
||Loss Prevention Managers
- Visit stores to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Advise retail establishments on development of loss-investigation procedures.
- Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Advise business or other groups on local, national, or international factors affecting the buying or selling of products or services.
||Emergency Management Directors
- Develop and perform tests and evaluations of emergency management plans in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Keep informed of federal, state, and local regulations affecting emergency plans and ensure that plans adhere to these regulations.
||Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Participate in the development of spill prevention programs and hazardous waste rules and regulations, and recommend corrective actions for hazardous waste problems.
- Research and perform calculations related to landscape allowances, discharge volumes, production-based and alternative limits, and wastewater strength classifications, making recommendations and completing documentation.
||Security Management Specialists
- Provide system design and integration recommendations.
- Recommend improvements in security systems or procedures.
||Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Design, evaluate and modify benefits policies to ensure that programs are current, competitive, and in compliance with legal requirements.
- Administer, direct, and review employee benefit programs, including the integration of benefit programs following mergers and acquisitions.
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs.
||Education Administrators, Kindergarten through Secondary
- Evaluate curricula, teaching methods, and programs to determine their effectiveness, efficiency, and use, and to ensure that school activities comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Recommend personnel actions related to programs and services.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Recommend purchase of storage equipment and design area layout to locate equipment in space available.
||Training and Development Managers
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Review and evaluate training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with government standards.
||Chief Sustainability Officers
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of sustainability programs.
- Identify and evaluate pilot projects or programs to enhance the sustainability research agenda.
||Investment Fund Managers
- Present investment information, such as product risks, fees, or fund performance statistics.
- Analyze acquisitions to ensure conformance with strategic goals or regulatory requirements.
||Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Recommend actions in fraud cases.
- Advise businesses or agencies on ways to improve fraud detection.
- Provide advice on best practices and implementation for selection.
- Advise management concerning personnel, managerial, and marketing policies and practices and their potential effects on organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
||Urban and Regional Planners
- Advise planning officials on project feasibility, cost-effectiveness, regulatory conformance, or possible alternatives.
- Recommend approval, denial, or conditional approval of proposals.
||Human Resources Specialists
- Evaluate recruitment or selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional, statistical, or testing standards, recommending revisions, as needed.
- Develop, conduct, support, or assist in governmental reviews, internal corporate evaluations, or assessments of the overall effectiveness of facility and personnel security processes.
||Accountants and Auditors
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.