- Use sales forecasting or strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Initiate market research studies, or analyze their findings.
||Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing tactics or channels.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and buying habits, and identify target audiences for products, services, or technologies.
||Biofuels Production Managers
- Conduct cost, material, and efficiency studies for biofuels production plants or operations.
||Chief Sustainability Officers
- Evaluate and approve proposals for sustainability projects, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and integration with other initiatives.
||Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
||Social and Community Service Managers
- Research and analyze member or community needs to determine program directions and goals.
||Biomass Power Plant Managers
- Evaluate power production or demand trends to identify opportunities for improved operations.
||Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets.
||Brownfield Redevelopment Specialists and Site Managers
- Conduct feasibility or cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
||Funeral Home Managers
- Conduct market research and analyze industry trends.
||Water Resource Specialists
- Conduct cost-benefit studies for watershed improvement projects or water management alternatives.
- Perform, or contract others to perform, pre-building assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility, or energy efficiency, environmental, and sustainability assessments.