||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Compute usable amounts of items in shipments.
- Grade, classify, or sort products according to sizes, weights, colors, or other specifications.
||Biofuels Processing Technicians
- Collect biofuels samples and perform routine laboratory tests or analyses to assess biofuels quality.
- Assess the quality of biofuels additives for reprocessing.
||Quality Control Systems Managers
- Collect and analyze production samples to evaluate quality.
- Verify that raw materials, purchased parts or components, in-process samples, and finished products meet established testing and inspection standards.
||Quality Control Analysts
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Receive and inspect raw materials.
||First-Line Supervisors of Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Plan and establish schedules.
- Perform quality checks on products and parts.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
||Food Scientists and Technologists
- Check raw ingredients for maturity or stability for processing, and finished products for safety, quality, and nutritional value.
||Biofuels Production Managers
- Draw samples of biofuels products or secondary by-products for quality control testing.
||Food Science Technicians
- Taste or smell foods or beverages to ensure that flavors meet specifications or to select samples with specific characteristics.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
||Biomass Plant Technicians
- Assess quality of biomass feedstock.
||Biomass Power Plant Managers
- Plan and schedule plant activities, such as wood, waste, or refuse fuel deliveries, ash removal, and regular maintenance.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Reject defective products and readjust equipment to eliminate problems.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Assign polish, symmetry, and clarity grades to stones, according to established grading systems.
||Industrial Production Managers
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
||Water Resource Specialists
- Conduct, or oversee the conduct of, chemical, physical, and biological water quality monitoring or sampling to ensure compliance with water quality standards.
- Purchase supplies, and arrange for outside services, such as deliveries, laundry, maintenance and repair, and trash collection.
||Printing Press Operators
- Verify that paper and ink meet the specifications for a given job.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Check the texture, color, and strength of leather to ensure that it is adequate for a particular purpose.