||First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
- Implement corporate or departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Develop or update procedures, policies, or standards.
- Design, implement, or evaluate staff training and development programs, customer service initiatives, or performance measurement criteria.
||Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
||Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products
- Obtain information about customer needs or preferences by conferring with sales or purchasing personnel.
- Conduct sales meetings to introduce new merchandise.
- Direct the development or implementation of policies and procedures related to compliance throughout an organization.
- Review or modify policies or operating guidelines to comply with changes to environmental standards or regulations.
- Establish goals for soliciting funds, develop policies for collection and safeguarding of contributions, and coordinate disbursement of funds.
- Formulate policies and procedures related to fundraising programs.
||Investment Fund Managers
- Develop or implement fund investment policies or strategies.
- Develop, implement, or monitor security valuation policies.
||Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Formulate or implement regulatory affairs policies and procedures to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced.
||Natural Sciences Managers
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for the architectural, scientific, or technical work performed to ensure regulatory compliance or operations enhancement.
||Education Administrators, Kindergarten through Secondary
- Set educational standards and goals, and help establish policies and procedures to carry them out.
- Confer with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
||Social and Community Service Managers
- Participate in the determination of organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits.
||Education and Childcare Administrators, Preschool and Daycare
- Set educational standards and goals and help establish policies, procedures, and programs to carry them out.
- Establish policies on issues, such as the type of gambling offered and the odds, the extension of credit, or the serving of food and beverages.
||General and Operations Managers
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff members.
||Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
||Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work.
||Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Confer with other financial engineers or analysts on trading strategies, market dynamics, or trading system performance to inform development of quantitative techniques.
||Treasurers and Controllers
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities, such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
||Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Formulate policies, procedures and programs for recruitment, testing, placement, classification, orientation, benefits and compensation, and labor and industrial relations.