- Fill customer orders by packaging sold items and documentation for direct shipping or by transferring orders to manufacturers or third-party distributors.
- Deliver e-mail confirmation of completed transactions and shipment.
- Cancel orders based on customer requests or inventory or delivery problems.
- Transfer digital media, such as music, video, or software, to customers via the Internet.
- Initiate online auctions through auction hosting sites or auction management software.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
- Process transactions, such as term deposits, retirement savings plan contributions, automated teller transactions, night deposits, and mail deposits.
- Issue checks to bond owners in settlement of transactions.
||Gambling Cage Workers
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
||New Accounts Clerks
- Execute wire transfers of funds.
- Process loan applications.
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Perform payroll functions, such as maintaining timekeeping information and processing and submitting payroll.
- Collect and deposit money into accounts, disburse funds from cash accounts to pay bills or invoices, keep records of collections and disbursements, and ensure accounts are balanced.
- Prepare and mail checks.
||Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
||Postal Service Clerks
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
||Credit Authorizers, Checkers, and Clerks
- Prepare credit cards or charge account plates.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Perform administrative tasks, such as accepting orders, scheduling appointments or meeting rooms, or sending and receiving faxes.
||Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Process payroll information.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
||Office Clerks, General
- Collect, count, and disburse money, do basic bookkeeping, and complete banking transactions.
||Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Prepare and process payroll information.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Encode and cancel checks, using bank machines.
- Arrange for sale or lease of excess storage or transport capacity to minimize losses or inefficiencies associated with empty space.