||Labor Relations Specialists
- Call or meet with union, company, government, or other interested parties to discuss labor relations matters, such as contract negotiations or grievances.
- Mediate discussions between employer and employee representatives in attempt to reconcile differences.
- Advise licensees or other individuals or groups concerning licensing, permit, or passport regulations.
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
||Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Recommend criminal prosecutions or civil penalties.
- Secure a taxpayer's agreement to discharge a tax assessment or submit contested determinations to other administrative or judicial conferees for appeals hearings.
- Discuss emerging compliance issues to ensure that management and employees are informed about compliance reporting systems, policies, and practices.
- Advise technical professionals on the development or use of environmental compliance or reporting tools.
||Regulatory Affairs Specialists
- Advise project teams on subjects such as premarket regulatory requirements, export and labeling requirements, or clinical study compliance issues.
- Recommend changes to company procedures in response to changes in regulations or standards.
||Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Advise management on such matters as equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, and discrimination.
||Human Resources Managers
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
||Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes
- Advise clients on financial and legal matters, such as investments and taxes.
||Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
||Brownfield Redevelopment Specialists and Site Managers
- Provide expert witness testimony on issues such as soil, air, or water contamination and associated cleanup measures.
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas, or other customs-related matters.
||Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Recommend actions in fraud cases.
- Review and analyze legislation, laws, or public policy and recommend changes to promote or support interests of the general population or special groups.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
||Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Recommend legal or administrative action to protect government property.
||Natural Sciences Managers
- Advise or assist in obtaining patents or meeting other legal requirements.
||Social and Community Service Managers
- Act as consultants to agency staff and other community programs regarding the interpretation of program-related federal, state, and county regulations and policies.
- Recommend actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of institutions.
||Medical and Health Services Managers
- Inspect facilities and recommend building or equipment modifications to ensure emergency readiness and compliance to access, safety, and sanitation regulations.
||Emergency Management Directors
- Provide communities with assistance in applying for federal funding for emergency management facilities, radiological instrumentation, and other related items.