||Labor Relations Specialists
- Call or meet with union, company, government, or other interested parties to discuss labor relations matters, such as contract negotiations or grievances.
- Mediate discussions between employer and employee representatives in attempt to reconcile differences.
- Develop methods to monitor employee satisfaction with policies or working conditions, including grievance or complaint procedures.
||Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
- Plan, develop, evaluate, improve, and communicate methods and techniques for selecting, promoting, compensating, evaluating, and training workers.
- Develop, implement, administer and evaluate personnel and labor relations programs, including performance appraisal, affirmative action, and employment equity programs.
||Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
||Insurance Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Negotiate claim settlements and recommend litigation when settlement cannot be negotiated.
||Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
||Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Investigate, evaluate, and settle claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio.
- Negotiate with creditors on behalf of clients to arrange for payment adjustments, interest rate reductions, time extensions, or payment plans.
||Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Secure a taxpayer's agreement to discharge a tax assessment or submit contested determinations to other administrative or judicial conferees for appeals hearings.
- Contact creditors to explain clients' financial situations and to arrange for payment adjustments so that payments are feasible for clients and agreeable to creditors.