||Human Resources Specialists
- Hire employees and process hiring-related paperwork.
- Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements.
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, or employee referrals.
- Develop or implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
- Schedule or administer skill, intelligence, psychological, or drug tests for current or prospective employees.
- Coordinate with outside staffing agencies to secure temporary employees, based on departmental needs.
||Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
- Inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment.
- Select applicants meeting specified job requirements and refer them to hiring personnel.
- Arrange for advertising or posting of job vacancies and notify eligible workers of position availability.
- Administer and score applicant and employee aptitude, personality, and interest assessment instruments.
- Administer oral, written, road, or flight tests to license applicants.
- Score tests and observe equipment operation and control to rate ability of applicants.
||Training and Development Specialists
- Coordinate recruitment and placement of training program participants.
||Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes
- Hire trainers or coaches to advise clients on performance matters, such as training techniques or performance presentations.
||Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Refer applicants to job openings or to interviews with other staff, in accordance with administrative guidelines or office procedures.
||Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events.
||First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
- Recruit, interview, and select employees.