||Treasurers and Controllers
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Determine depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advise management on actions regarding the purchase, lease, or disposal of such items.
||Regulatory Affairs Specialists
- Advise project teams on subjects such as premarket regulatory requirements, export and labeling requirements, or clinical study compliance issues.
- Identify relevant guidance documents, international standards, or consensus standards and provide interpretive assistance.
- Recommend changes to company procedures in response to changes in regulations or standards.
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas, or other customs-related matters.
- Suggest best methods of packaging or labeling products.
||Loss Prevention Managers
- Advise retail managers on compliance with applicable codes, laws, regulations, or standards.
- Advise retail establishments on development of loss-investigation procedures.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Recommend purchase of storage equipment and design area layout to locate equipment in space available.
||Security Management Specialists
- Recommend improvements in security systems or procedures.
- Provide system design and integration recommendations.
||Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Participate in the development of spill prevention programs and hazardous waste rules and regulations, and recommend corrective actions for hazardous waste problems.
- Research and perform calculations related to landscape allowances, discharge volumes, production-based and alternative limits, and wastewater strength classifications, then make recommendations and complete documentation.
- Provide advice on best practices and implementation for selection.
- Advise management concerning personnel, managerial, and marketing policies and practices and their potential effects on organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs.
- Advise technical professionals on the development or use of environmental compliance or reporting tools.
- Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes.
- Provide administrative or technical assistance to those receiving transportation-related grants.
- Provide advice and consultation on economic relationships to businesses, public and private agencies, and other employers.
- Advise business or other groups on local, national, or international factors affecting the buying or selling of products or services.
||Emergency Management Directors
- Provide communities with assistance in applying for federal funding for emergency management facilities, radiological instrumentation, and other related items.
||Environmental Science and Protection Technicians, Including Health
- Make recommendations to control or eliminate unsafe conditions at workplaces or public facilities.
||Human Resources Specialists
- Evaluate recruitment or selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional, statistical, or testing standards, recommending revisions, as needed.
||Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Advise management on such matters as equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, and discrimination.
||Risk Management Specialists
- Recommend ways to control or reduce risk.
||Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Recommend personnel actions related to programs and services.
- Provide consulting services in fields such as resource development and management, business location and market area analysis, environmental hazards, regional cultural history, and urban social planning.
||Licensing Examiners and Inspectors
- Advise licensees or other individuals or groups concerning licensing, permit, or passport regulations.