- Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel.
- Train subordinates in programming and program coding.
- Train users on the use and function of computer programs.
||Computer User Support Specialists
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Hire, supervise, and direct workers engaged in special project work, problem solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
||Information Technology Project Managers
- Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel.
- Monitor the performance of project team members, providing and documenting performance feedback.
||Clinical Data Managers
- Supervise the work of data management project staff.
- Train staff on technical procedures or software program usage.
||Computer Systems Analysts
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
- Supervise computer programmers or other systems analysts or serve as project leaders for particular systems projects.
||Software Developers, Applications
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
||Software Developers, Systems Software
- Supervise and assign work to programmers, designers, technologists, technicians, or other engineering or scientific personnel.
||Computer Network Architects
- Supervise engineers or other staff in the design or implementation of network solutions.
||Information Security Analysts
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
||Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Participate in staffing decisions and direct training of subordinates.
||Informatics Nurse Specialists
- Develop or deliver training programs for health information technology, creating operating manuals as needed.
- Train users and answer questions.
- Supervise and provide instructions for workers collecting and tabulating data.
||Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Train people in computer system use.
- Teach graduate or continuing education courses or seminars in biostatistics.
||Video Game Designers
- Write or supervise the writing of game text and dialogue.
||Computer Network Support Specialists
- Train users in procedures related to network applications software or related systems.
||Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Train system users in system operation or maintenance.
- Provide training or technical assistance in Web site implementation or use.