||Industrial Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Develop production, inventory, or quality assurance programs.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Develop electronic, mechanical, or computerized processes to perform tasks in dangerous situations, such as underwater exploration or extraterrestrial mining.
- Develop processes or identify equipment needed for pilot or commercial nanoscale scale production.
- Engineer production processes for specific nanotechnology applications, such as electroplating, nanofabrication, or epoxy.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Plan or implement fuel cell cost reduction or product improvement projects in collaboration with other engineers, suppliers, support personnel, or customers.
- Develop or evaluate systems or methods of hydrogen storage for fuel cell applications.
||Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians
- Collaborate with engineers to implement electromechanical designs in industrial or other settings.
- Establish and maintain inventory, records, or documentation systems.
||Industrial Production Managers
- Optimize operational costs and productivity consistent with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
||Web and Digital Interface Designers
- Develop new visual design concepts and modify concepts based on stakeholder feedback.
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases or generate electrical currents, using controlled chemical processes.
||Calibration Technologists and Technicians
- Develop new calibration methods or techniques based on measurement science, analyses, or calibration requirements.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
||Digital Forensics Analysts
- Identify or develop reverse-engineering tools to improve system capabilities or detect vulnerabilities.
- Prepare plans to intercept foreign communications transmissions.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Develop process flows, work instructions, or standard operating procedures for radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems.
- Monitor production rates, and plan rework processes to improve production.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Develop or implement operating methods or procedures.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Implement new or enhanced methods or processes for the processing, testing, or manufacture of nanotechnology materials or products.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Design or evaluate human work systems, using human factors engineering and ergonomic principles to optimize usability, cost, quality, safety, or performance.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design, performance specifications, or environmental regulations.