- Design domestic or industrial water or wastewater treatment plants, including advanced facilities with sequencing batch reactors (SBR), membranes, lift stations, headworks, surge overflow basins, ultraviolet disinfection systems, aerobic digesters, sludge lagoons, or control buildings.
- Design or select equipment for use in wastewater processing to ensure compliance with government standards.
- Design water runoff collection networks, water supply channels, or water supply system networks.
- Design water or wastewater lift stations, including water wells.
- Design sludge treatment plants.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Select locations and plan underground or surface mining operations, specifying processes, labor usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction of minerals and ores.
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
- Research, select, or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication.
- Design or prepare plans for new transportation systems or parts of systems, such as airports, commuter trains, highways, streets, bridges, drainage structures, or roadway lighting.
||Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Select aerial photographic and remote sensing techniques and plotting equipment needed to meet required standards of accuracy.
||Non-Destructive Testing Specialists
- Select, calibrate, or operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing of products or materials.
- Design new or improved transport infrastructure, such as junction improvements, pedestrian projects, bus facilities, or car parking areas.
||Urban and Regional Planners
- Design, promote, or administer government plans or policies affecting land use, zoning, public utilities, community facilities, housing, or transportation.
- Select, purchase, set up, operate, or troubleshoot state-of-the-art laser cutting equipment.
- Select or install combined heat units, power units, cogeneration equipment, or trigeneration equipment that reduces energy use or pollution.
||Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Select electronics equipment, components, or systems to meet functional specifications.
||Electrical and Electronics Drafters
- Select drill size to drill test head, according to test design and specifications, and submit guide layout to designated department.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Examine blast areas to determine amounts and kinds of explosive charges needed and to ensure that safety laws are observed.
- Dress with equipment such as fire-resistant clothing and breathing apparatus.
- Identify, procure, or develop test equipment, instrumentation, or facilities for characterization of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) applications.