- Testify at regulatory or legislative hearings concerning the estimated effects of changes in legislation or public policy and present recommendations based on cost-benefit analyses.
- Provide litigation support, such as writing reports for expert testimony or testifying as an expert witness.
- Testify in court regarding fire code and fire safety issues.
- Investigate causes of fires, collecting and preparing evidence and presenting it in court when necessary.
||Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Testify before examining and fund-granting authorities, clarifying and promoting the proposed budgets.
- Testify in court cases involving fires, suspected arson, and false alarms.
||Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Testify in court or at administrative proceedings concerning investigation findings.
||Animal Control Workers
- Prepare for prosecutions related to animal treatment, and give evidence in court.
||Police Identification and Records Officers
- Testify in court and present evidence.
||Appraisers, Real Estate
- Testify in court as to the value of a piece of real estate property.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Testify at hearings or court trials to present evidence.
||Forensic Science Technicians
- Testify in court about investigative or analytical methods or findings.
||Parking Enforcement Workers
- Appear in court at hearings regarding contested traffic citations.
- Testify at inquests, hearings, and court trials.
||First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- Cooperate with court personnel and officials from other law enforcement agencies and testify in court as necessary.
||Fish and Game Wardens
- Compile and present evidence for court actions.
||Police Patrol Officers
- Testify in court to present evidence or act as witness in traffic and criminal cases.
||Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Testify before grand juries concerning criminal activity investigations.
||Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Determine the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation; participate in enforcement hearings as necessary.
||Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
- Testify in civil or criminal court proceedings.
||Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Testify in court regarding investigation findings.