- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Recommend product or component design improvements, based on test data or observations.
- Recommend tests or testing conditions in accordance with designs, customer requirements, or industry standards to ensure test validity.
||Computer Hardware Engineers
- Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Provide consultation or training on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
- Provide technical direction or supervision to junior engineers, engineering or computer-aided design (CAD) technicians, or other technical personnel.
- Analyze and recommend chemical, biological, or other wastewater treatment methods to prepare water for industrial or domestic use.
- Advise manufacturing staff regarding problems with fermentation, filtration, or other bioproduction processes.
- Recommend biochemical process formulas, instrumentation, or equipment specifications, based on results of bench or pilot experimentation.
||Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
||Fuel Cell Technicians
- Recommend improvements to fuel cell design or performance.
||Wind Energy Engineers
- Recommend process or infrastructure changes to improve wind turbine performance, reduce operational costs, or comply with regulations.
- Represent architect on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under architect's supervision.
- Provide technical advice to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, program modifications, or structural repairs.
||Industrial Engineering Technicians
- Recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Review new product plans and make recommendations for material selection, based on design objectives such as strength, weight, heat resistance, electrical conductivity, and cost.
||Mechanical Engineering Technicians
- Confer with technicians and submit reports of test results to engineering department and recommend design or material changes.
||Industrial Safety and Health Engineers
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Recommend best fuel for specific sites or circumstances.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists
- Conduct failure analyses, document results, and recommend corrective actions.
||Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
- Recommend repair or design modifications of electronics components or systems, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, or system capabilities.
- Recommend resolution of identified deviations from established product or process standards.
- Determine root causes of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods, using statistical procedures.