- Design validation study features, such as sampling, testing, or analytical methodologies.
- Prepare validation or performance qualification protocols for new or modified manufacturing processes, systems, or equipment for production of pharmaceuticals, electronics, or other products.
||Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Plan or schedule engineering research or development projects involving microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology.
- Develop or validate product-specific test protocols, acceptance thresholds, or inspection tools for quality control testing or performance measurement.
- Devise testing methods to evaluate the effects of various conditions on particular materials.
||Non-Destructive Testing Specialists
- Develop or use new non-destructive testing methods, such as acoustic emission testing, leak testing, and thermal or infrared testing.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Plan or implement research methodology or procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Design tests of finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Develop calibration methodologies, test methodologies, or tools.
- Design or conduct tests of new nanotechnology products, processes, or systems.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Develop or modify wet chemical or industrial laboratory experimental techniques for nanoscale use.
||Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Plan, conduct, and evaluate nutrigenomic or nutrigenetic research.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Design or implement fuel cell testing or development programs.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Design or direct bench or pilot production experiments to determine the scale of production methods that optimize product yield and minimize production costs.