||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Select or develop mineral location, extraction, and production methods, based on factors such as safety, cost, and deposit characteristics.
- Select locations and plan underground or surface mining operations, specifying processes, labor usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction of minerals and ores.
- Implement and coordinate mine safety programs, including the design and maintenance of protective and rescue equipment and safety devices.
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
- Direct operating or maintenance activities of nuclear power plants to ensure efficiency and conformity to safety standards.
- Direct environmental compliance activities associated with nuclear plant operations or maintenance.
- Specify and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery.
- Coordinate the installation, maintenance, and operation of mining and oil field equipment.
||Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Coordinate activities with regulatory bodies to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost and consistent with safety.
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
- Direct or support quality improvement projects or safety programs.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Determine appropriate methods for fabricating and joining materials.
||Industrial Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Select material quantities or processing methods needed to achieve efficient production.
||Fire-Prevention and Protection Engineers
- Direct the purchase, modification, installation, testing, maintenance, and operation of fire prevention and protection systems.
||Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
||Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Select aerial photographic and remote sensing techniques and plotting equipment needed to meet required standards of accuracy.
- Direct engineering activities, ensuring compliance with environmental, safety, or other governmental regulations.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Determine means of integrating radio frequency identification device (RFID) into other applications.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Supervise the maintenance or repair of transportation systems or system components.
||Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, according to design specifications and quantity of required materials.
||Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians
- Develop or implement programs related to the environmental impact of engineering activities.