||Energy Engineers, Except Wind and Solar
- Analyze, interpret, or create graphical representations of energy data, using engineering software.
- Perform energy modeling, measurement, verification, commissioning, or retro-commissioning.
||Environmental Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Model biological, chemical, or physical treatment processes to remove or degrade pollutants.
- Create models to demonstrate or predict the process by which pollutants move through or impact an environment.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Apply modeling or quantitative analysis to forecast events, such as human decisions or behaviors, the structure or processes of organizations, or the attitudes or actions of human groups.
- Perform statistical analyses, such as social network pattern analysis, network modeling, discrete event simulation, agent-based modeling, statistical natural language processing, computational sociology, mathematical optimization, or systems dynamics.
- Perform hydrological analyses, using three-dimensional simulation software, to model the movement of water or forecast the dispersion of chemical pollutants in the water supply.
- Perform mathematical modeling of underground or surface water resources, such as floodplains, ocean coastlines, streams, rivers, or wetlands.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Develop models or computer simulations of human biobehavioral systems to obtain data for measuring or controlling life processes.
- Develop statistical models or simulations using statistical or modeling software.
||Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Formulate mathematical models or other methods of computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify design, according to customer engineering requirements.
- Replicate the characteristics of materials and their components with computers.
- Simulate reservoir performance for different recovery techniques, using computer models.
- Build models for algorithm or control feature verification testing.
- Model transportation scenarios to evaluate the impacts of activities such as new development or to identify possible solutions to transportation problems.
- Develop or test models of alternate designs or processing methods to assess feasibility, sustainability, operating condition effects, potential new applications, or necessity of modification.
- Investigate characteristics such as cost, performance, or process capability of potential microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) device designs, using simulation or modeling software.