- Determine appropriate methods for fabricating and joining materials.
- Plan and implement laboratory operations to develop material and fabrication procedures that meet cost, product specification, and performance standards.
- Plan and evaluate new projects, consulting with other engineers and corporate executives as necessary.
||Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Specify and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery.
- Develop plans for oil and gas field drilling, and for product recovery and treatment.
- Plan alteration or modification of existing transportation structures to improve safety or function.
- Develop plans to deconstruct damaged or obsolete roadways or other transportation structures in a manner that is environmentally sound or prepares the land for sustainable development.
- Assist in the transition of photonic prototypes to production.
- Select, purchase, set up, operate, or troubleshoot state-of-the-art laser cutting equipment.
- Establish or coordinate the maintenance or safety procedures, service schedule, or supply of materials required to maintain machines or equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Select or install combined heat units, power units, cogeneration equipment, or trigeneration equipment that reduces energy use or pollution.
||Manufacturing Engineering Technologists
- Plan, estimate, or schedule production work.
- Select material quantities or processing methods needed to achieve efficient production.
- Design or select equipment for use in wastewater processing to ensure compliance with government standards.
- Develop plans for new water resources or water efficiency programs.
||Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
- Develop or implement programs related to the environmental impact of engineering activities.
- Develop planting plans to help clients garden productively or to achieve particular aesthetic effects.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Determine means of integrating radio frequency identification device (RFID) into other applications.
- Research, select, or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication.
||Manufacturing Production Technicians
- Plan and lay out work to meet production and schedule requirements.
||Fire-Prevention and Protection Engineers
- Develop plans for the prevention of destruction by fire, wind, and water.
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
- Select drill size to drill test head, according to test design and specifications, and submit guide layout to designated department.
- Plan and direct construction of rural electric-power distribution systems, and irrigation, drainage, and flood control systems for soil and water conservation.
||Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Select aerial photographic and remote sensing techniques and plotting equipment needed to meet required standards of accuracy.
||Civil Engineering Technicians
- Develop plans and estimate costs for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or construction of structures.
- Determine the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.