- Develop formal documentation for microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) devices, including quality assurance guidance, quality control protocols, process control checklists, data collection, or reporting.
- Develop customer documentation, such as performance specifications, training manuals, or operating instructions.
||Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Determine quality, cost, strength, and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Calculate excavation tonnage and prepare graphs and fill-hauling diagrams for use in earth-moving operations.
- Complete production reports, purchase orders, and material, tool, and equipment lists.
||Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
- Prepare operating and maintenance manuals, studies, or reports.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Prepare capability data, training materials, or other documentation for transfer of processes to production.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Design cognitive aids, such as procedural storyboards or decision support systems.
||Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors
- Participate in preparation of product usage and precautionary label instructions.
- Document procedures, such as calibration of optical or fiber optic equipment.
- Write technical reports or other documentation, such as handbooks or bulletins, for use by engineering staff, management, or customers.
||Computer Hardware Engineers
- Write detailed functional specifications that document the hardware development process and support hardware introduction.
- Document robotics test procedures and results.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Prepare, maintain, or revise quality assurance documentation or procedures.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Write documents describing protocols, policies, standards for use, maintenance, and repair of medical equipment.