- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Direct the installation, operation, maintenance, or repair of renewable energy equipment, such as heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) or water systems.
- Establish or coordinate the maintenance or safety procedures, service schedule, or supply of materials required to maintain machines or equipment in the prescribed condition.
||Energy Engineers, Except Wind and Solar
- Monitor energy related design or construction issues, such as energy engineering, energy management, or sustainable design.
- Manage the development, design, or construction of energy conservation projects to ensure acceptability of budgets and time lines, conformance to federal and state laws, or adherence to approved specifications.
- Direct the implementation of energy management projects.
||Wind Energy Engineers
- Oversee the work activities of wind farm consultants or subcontractors.
- Direct balance of plant (BOP) construction, generator installation, testing, commissioning, or supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Direct operating or maintenance activities of operational nuclear power plants to ensure efficiency and conformity to safety standards.
- Design or oversee construction or operation of nuclear reactors or power plants or nuclear fuels reprocessing and reclamation systems.
- Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
||Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
||Fire-Prevention and Protection Engineers
- Direct the purchase, modification, installation, maintenance, and operation of fire protection systems.
- Supervise the maintenance or repair of transportation systems or system components.
||Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors
- Install safety devices on machinery or direct device installation.
||Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Supervise the installation or operation of electronic equipment or systems.