- Design or develop sensors to reduce the energy or resource requirements to operate appliances, such as washing machines or dishwashing machines.
- Design sensors or switches that require little or no power to operate for environmental monitoring or industrial metering applications.
||Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
- Plan or develop applications or modifications for electronic properties used in components, products, or systems to improve technical performance.
- Design electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications.
- Assist engineers in the development of new products, fixtures, tools, or processes.
- Design, build, or modify fixtures used to assemble parts.
- Design sensing, measuring, and recording devices, and other instrumentation used to study plant or animal life.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Build instrumentation or laboratory test equipment for special purposes.
||Computer Hardware Engineers
- Design and develop computer hardware and support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Integrate tags, readers, or software in radio frequency identification device (RFID) designs.
- Devise automated lab validation test stations or other test fixtures or equipment.
||Security Management Specialists
- Engineer, install, maintain, or repair security systems, programmable logic controls, or other security-related electronic systems.
- Design test control apparatus or equipment or develop procedures for testing products.