- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
- Evaluate mechanical designs or prototypes for energy performance or environmental impact.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Recommend product or component design improvements, based on test data or observations.
- Recommend tests or testing conditions in accordance with designs, customer requirements, or industry standards to ensure test validity.
||Computer Hardware Engineers
- Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
||Energy Engineers, Except Wind and Solar
- Review architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans or specifications to evaluate energy efficiency.
- Recommend best fuel for specific sites or circumstances.
- Review new product plans and make recommendations for material selection, based on design objectives, such as strength, weight, heat resistance, electrical conductivity, and cost.
- Plan and evaluate new projects, consulting with other engineers and corporate executives as necessary.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Provide consultation or training on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
- Provide technical direction or supervision to junior engineers, engineering or computer-aided design (CAD) technicians, or other technical personnel.
- Analyze and recommend chemical, biological, or other wastewater treatment methods to prepare water for industrial or domestic use.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Advise manufacturing staff regarding problems with fermentation, filtration, or other bioproduction processes.
- Recommend process formulas, instrumentation, or equipment specifications, based on results of bench or pilot experimentation.
||Wind Energy Engineers
- Recommend process or infrastructure changes to improve wind turbine performance, reduce operational costs, or comply with regulations.
- Review aerospace engineering designs to determine how to reduce negative environmental impacts.
- Provide technical advice to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, program modifications, or structural repairs.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
||Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
- Recommend repair or design modifications of electronics components or systems, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, or system capabilities.
- Recommend resolution of identified deviations from established product or process standards.
- Determine root causes of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods, using statistical procedures.
- Evaluate construction project materials for compliance with environmental standards.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Recommend or implement changes to fuel cell system designs.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Provide human factors technical expertise on topics, such as advanced user-interface technology development or the role of human users in automated or autonomous sub-systems in advanced vehicle systems.
||Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Represent architect or engineer on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under supervision.
- Recommend optical or optic equipment design or material changes to reduce costs or processing times.