- Adjust controls of equipment to control particle beam movement, pulse rates, energy or intensity, or radiation, according to specifications.
- Set control panel switches to route electric power from sources and direct particle beams through injector units.
||Calibration Technologists and Technicians
- Calibrate devices by comparing measurements of pressure, temperature, humidity, or other environmental conditions to known standards.
- Maintain or repair measurement devices or equipment used for calibration testing.
||Remote Sensing Technicians
- Calibrate data collection equipment.
- Monitor raw data quality during collection, and make equipment corrections as necessary.
||Precision Agriculture Technicians
- Install, calibrate, or maintain sensors, mechanical controls, GPS-based vehicle guidance systems, or computer settings.
- Program farm equipment, such as variable-rate planting equipment or pesticide sprayers, based on input from crop scouting and analysis of field condition variability.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Repair nanotechnology processing or testing equipment or submit work orders for equipment repair.
- Calibrate nanotechnology equipment, such as weighing, testing, or production equipment.
- Adjust or maintain equipment, such as lasers, laser systems, microscopes, oscilloscopes, pulse generators, power meters, beam analyzers, or energy measurement devices.
- Repair or calibrate products, such as surgical lasers.
||Industrial Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Perform quality assurance system checks, such as calibrations, on treatment planning computers.
||Quality Control Analysts
- Calibrate, validate, or maintain laboratory equipment.
||Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
||Non-Destructive Testing Specialists
- Select, calibrate, or operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing of products or materials.
||Nuclear Monitoring Technicians
- Calibrate and maintain chemical instrumentation sensing elements and sampling system equipment, using calibration instruments and hand tools.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Maintain test equipment in operational condition by performing routine maintenance or making minor repairs or adjustments as needed.
||Environmental Science and Protection Technicians, Including Health
- Calibrate microscopes or test instruments.
- Maintain validation test equipment.
- Install, maintain, and calibrate instruments such as those that monitor water levels, rainfall, and sediments.
- Monitor or calibrate automated systems, industrial control systems, or system components to maximize efficiency of production.
- Evaluate the efficiency and reliability of industrial robotic systems, reprogramming or calibrating to achieve maximum quantity and quality.
- Adjust surveying instruments to maintain their accuracy.
- Install, calibrate, operate, or maintain robots.