- Prepare, review, or update environmental investigation or recommendation reports.
- Develop site-specific health and safety protocols, such as spill contingency plans or methods for loading or transporting waste.
- Obtain, update, or maintain plans, permits, or standard operating procedures.
- Provide administrative support for projects by collecting data, providing project documentation, training staff, or performing other general administrative duties.
- Prepare, maintain, or revise quality assurance documentation or procedures.
||Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Maintain system logs or manuals to document testing or operation of equipment.
- Compile and maintain records documenting engineering schematics, installed equipment, installation or operational problems, resources used, repairs, or corrective action performed.
- Procure parts and maintain inventory and related documentation.
||Industrial Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Develop production, inventory, or quality assurance programs.
- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Develop or implement engineering solutions to clean up industrial accidents or other contaminated sites.
- Maintain technical project files.
- Develop electronic, mechanical, or computerized processes to perform tasks in dangerous situations, such as underwater exploration or extraterrestrial mining.
- Monitor production rates, and plan rework processes to improve production.
- Maintain records of drilling and production operations.
- Write, review, or maintain engineering documentation.
- Develop or implement operating methods or procedures.
- Develop processes or identify equipment needed for pilot or commercial nanoscale scale production.
- Engineer production processes for specific nanotechnology applications, such as electroplating, nanofabrication, or epoxy.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Develop methodologies for transferring procedures or biological processes from laboratories to commercial-scale manufacturing production.
- Maintain databases of experiment characteristics or results.
||Digital Forensics Analysts
- Identify or develop reverse-engineering tools to improve system capabilities or detect vulnerabilities.
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases or generate electrical currents, using controlled chemical processes.
||Calibration Technologists and Technicians
- Develop new calibration methods or techniques based on measurement science, analyses, or calibration requirements.
- Maintain databases of geodetic and related information, including coordinate, descriptive, or quality assurance data.
- Maintain records of performance reports for future reference.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Prepare plans to intercept foreign communications transmissions.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Develop process flows, work instructions, or standard operating procedures for radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems.
- Prepare, maintain, or review validation and compliance documentation, such as engineering change notices, schematics, or protocols.
- Maintain service records of robotic equipment or automated production systems.