- Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents, and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's supervision.
- Calculate heat loss and gain of buildings and structures to determine required equipment specifications, following standard procedures.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists
- Prepare cost and materials estimates or project schedules.
- Analyze or estimate production costs, such as labor, equipment, or plant space.
||Industrial Engineering Technologists
- Analyze, estimate, or report production costs.
- Compile operational data to develop cost or time estimates, schedules, or specifications.
- Estimate costs or submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects.
- Calculate energy losses for buildings, using equipment such as computers, combustion analyzers, or pressure gauges.
- Prepare estimate of production costs and production progress reports for management.
||Civil Engineering Technicians
- Develop plans and estimate costs for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or construction of structures.
- Determine quality, cost, strength, and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Prepare schedules, reports, and estimates of the costs involved in developing and operating mines.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
||Electrical Engineering Technologists
- Calculate design specifications or cost, material, and resource estimates, and prepare project schedules and budgets.
- Estimate labor, material, or construction costs for budget preparation purposes.
||Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
- Prepare budget or cost estimates for equipment, construction, or installation projects or control expenditures.
- Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs, or performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
||Electrical Engineering Technicians
- Prepare electrical project cost or work-time estimates.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Develop engineering specifications or cost estimates for automotive design concepts.
- Estimate transportation project costs.
||Manufacturing Engineering Technologists
- Estimate manufacturing costs.
- Prepare project plans for biochemical equipment or facility improvements, including time lines, budgetary estimates, or capital spending requests.