- Make repairs to robots or peripheral equipment, such as replacement of defective circuit boards, sensors, controllers, encoders, or servomotors.
- Align, fit, or assemble components, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Attach wires between controllers.
- Build or assemble robotic devices or systems.
- Design, build, or modify fixtures used to assemble parts.
- Optimize photonic process parameters by making prototype or production devices.
- Build prototype optomechanical devices for use in equipment such as aerial cameras, gun sights, or telescopes.
||Electrical Engineering Technicians
- Assemble electrical systems or prototypes, using hand tools or measuring instruments.
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, or repair electrical instruments or testing equipment.
- Assemble or test solar photovoltaic products, such as inverters or energy management systems.
||Manufacturing Production Technicians
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Build product subassemblies or final assemblies.
- Build packaging for finished products.
||Fuel Cell Technicians
- Assemble fuel cells or fuel cell stacks according to mechanical or electrical assembly documents or schematics.
- Build fuel cell prototypes, following engineering specifications.
||Computer Hardware Engineers
- Build, test, and modify product prototypes, using working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation.
- Assemble and modify existing pieces of equipment to meet special needs.
||Electronics Engineering Technicians
- Assemble, test, or maintain circuitry or electronic components, according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, or knowledge of electronics, using hand or power tools.
- Build prototypes from rough sketches or plans.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Fabricate prototypes of fuel cell components, assemblies, stacks, or systems.
||Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technicians
- Construct and maintain test facilities for aircraft parts and systems, according to specifications.
- Align, fit, or assemble component parts, using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
||Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
- Fabricate or assemble mechanical, electrical, or electronic components or assemblies.
- Build landscape, architectural, and display models.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Fabricate new or modify existing prototype components or fixtures.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technicians
- Assemble components, using techniques such as interference fitting, solvent bonding, adhesive bonding, heat sealing, or ultrasonic welding.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists
- Assemble or disassemble complex mechanical systems.
||Electronics Engineering Technologists
- Assemble circuitry for electronic systems according to engineering instructions, production specifications, or technical manuals.
- Create mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechatronic design concepts.
- Create designs or prototypes for nanosystem applications, such as biomedical delivery systems or atomic force microscopes.
- Develop or test photonic prototypes or models.