- Direct, coordinate, or advise personnel in test procedures for analyzing components or physical properties of materials.
- Direct or monitor other workers producing chemical products.
- Supervise professional, technical, and clerical personnel.
- Direct work of statistical clerks, statisticians, and others who compile and evaluate research data.
- Supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists.
- Direct and review the work of staff members, including survey support staff and interviewers who gather survey data.
- Supervise biological technicians and technologists and other scientists.
||Forest and Conservation Technicians
- Train and lead forest and conservation workers in seasonal activities, such as planting tree seedlings, putting out forest fires, and maintaining recreational facilities.
||Social Science Research Assistants
- Supervise the work of survey interviewers.
- Direct the work of technicians and information technology staff applying bioinformatics tools or applications in areas such as proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, or clinical bioinformatics.
||Environmental Science and Protection Technicians, Including Health
- Direct activities of workers in laboratory.
||Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health
- Supervise or train students, environmental technologists, technicians, or other related staff.
||Environmental Restoration Planners
- Supervise and provide technical guidance, training, or assistance to employees working in the field to restore habitats.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of professional and technical staff, including research assistants, technologists, and technicians.
||Biochemists and Biophysicists
- Manage laboratory teams or monitor the quality of a team's work.
- Supervise or direct the work of other geneticists, biologists, technicians, or biometricians working on genetics research projects.
||Urban and Regional Planners
- Supervise or coordinate the work of urban planning technicians or technologists.
- Supervise or train agricultural technicians or farm laborers.
||Geological Technicians, Except Hydrologic Technicians
- Plan and direct activities of workers who operate equipment to collect data.