- Design validation study features, such as sampling, testing, or analytical methodologies.
- Prepare validation or performance qualification protocols for new or modified manufacturing processes, systems, or equipment for production of pharmaceuticals, electronics, or other products.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Develop or implement human performance research, investigation, or analysis protocols.
- Develop or implement research methodologies or statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products or processes, such as cockpit designs, user workstations, or computerized human models.
||Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Plan or schedule engineering research or development projects involving microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology.
- Develop or validate product-specific test protocols, acceptance thresholds, or inspection tools for quality control testing or performance measurement.
||Non-Destructive Testing Specialists
- Develop or use new non-destructive testing methods, such as acoustic emission testing, leak testing, and thermal or infrared testing.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Plan or implement research methodology or procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Design tests of finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Develop calibration methodologies, test methodologies, or tools.
- Design or conduct tests of new nanotechnology products, processes, or systems.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Develop or modify wet chemical or industrial laboratory experimental techniques for nanoscale use.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Design or implement fuel cell testing or development programs.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Design or direct bench or pilot production experiments to determine the scale of production methods that optimize product yield and minimize production costs.