- Maintain, clean, or sterilize laboratory instruments or equipment.
- Operate experimental pilot plants, assisting with experimental design.
- Maintain or repair agricultural facilities, equipment, or tools to ensure operational readiness, safety, and cleanliness.
- Perform laboratory or field testing, using spectrometers, nitrogen determination apparatus, air samplers, centrifuges, or potential hydrogen (pH) meters to perform tests.
||Quality Control Analysts
- Calibrate, validate, or maintain laboratory equipment.
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment problems.
||Geological Technicians, Except Hydrologic Technicians
- Adjust or repair testing, electrical, or mechanical equipment or devices.
- Operate or adjust equipment or apparatus used to obtain geological data.
- Maintain laboratory instruments to ensure proper working order and troubleshoot malfunctions when needed.
||Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists
- Use equipment such as atomic absorption spectrometers, electron microscopes, flow cytometers, or chromatography systems.
- Use a variety of specialized equipment, such as electron microscopes, gas and high-pressure liquid chromatographs, electrophoresis units, thermocyclers, fluorescence-activated cell sorters, and phosphorimagers.
- Observe the structure and properties of matter, and the transformation and propagation of energy, using equipment such as masers, lasers, and telescopes, to explore and identify the basic principles governing these phenomena.
||Food Science Technicians
- Perform regular maintenance of laboratory equipment by inspecting, calibrating, cleaning, or sterilizing.
||Nuclear Monitoring Technicians
- Calibrate and maintain chemical instrumentation sensing elements and sampling system equipment, using calibration instruments and hand tools.
||Remote Sensing Technicians
- Operate airborne remote sensing equipment, such as survey cameras, sensors, or scanners.
||Precision Agriculture Technicians
- Install, calibrate, or maintain sensors, mechanical controls, GPS-based vehicle guidance systems, or computer settings.
||Molecular and Cellular Biologists
- Monitor or operate specialized equipment, such as gas chromatographs and high pressure liquid chromatographs, electrophoresis units, thermocyclers, fluorescence activated cell sorters, and phosphorimagers.
- Modify, devise, or maintain nuclear equipment used in operations.
- Install, maintain, and calibrate instruments such as those that monitor water levels, rainfall, and sediments.
||Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Maintain or repair lab equipment.