||Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Review reports of suspected fraud to determine need for further investigation.
- Conduct in-depth investigations of suspicious financial activity, such as suspected money-laundering efforts.
- Lead, or participate in, fraud investigation teams.
- Coordinate investigative efforts with law enforcement officers and attorneys.
||Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Determine the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation; participate in enforcement hearings as necessary.
- Monitor follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and review compliance monitoring reports.
- Investigate complaints and suspected violations regarding illegal dumping, pollution, pesticides, product quality, or labeling laws.
||Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Investigate alleged license or permit violations.
- Investigate applications for special licenses or permits.
||Claims Examiners, Property and Casualty Insurance
- Investigate, evaluate, and settle claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio.
- Examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters, further investigating questionable claims to determine whether to authorize payments.
||Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Conduct prehearing and presentencing investigations and testify in court regarding offenders' backgrounds and recommended sentences and sentencing conditions.
- Investigate alleged parole violations, using interviews, surveillance, and search and seizure.
||Insurance Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Analyze information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
- Identify or investigate violations of natural resources, waste management, recycling, or other environmental policies.
||Business Continuity Planners
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
||Security Management Specialists
- Monitor tapes or digital recordings to identify the source of losses.