||Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Refer clients to community resources for services, such as job placement, debt counseling, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, or financial assistance, and provide concrete information, such as where to go and how to apply.
||Educational, Guidance, and Career Counselors and Advisors
- Assess needs for assistance, such as rehabilitation, financial aid, or additional vocational training, and refer clients to the appropriate services.
||Marriage and Family Therapists
- Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, or legal aid.
||Social and Human Service Assistants
- Provide information or refer individuals to public or private agencies or community services for assistance.
||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources for housing or treatment to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness, following through to ensure service efficacy.
- Refer people to community support services, psychologists, or doctors.
||Healthcare Social Workers
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
||Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
- Provide clients or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Refer clients to social service or community resources for needs beyond those of credit or debt counseling.
||Mental Health Counselors
- Refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.