- Issue identification cards to borrowers.
- Order all print and non-print library materials, checking prices, figuring costs, preparing order slips, and making payments.
- Claim missing issues of periodicals and journals.
- File catalog cards according to system used.
- Distribute tests and homework assignments and collect them when they are completed.
- Distribute teaching materials, such as textbooks, workbooks, papers, and pencils to students.
- Requisition and stock teaching materials and supplies.
- Type, file, and duplicate materials.
- Plan and organize the acquisition, storage, and exhibition of collections and related materials, including the selection of exhibition themes and designs, and develop or install exhibit materials.
- Negotiate and authorize purchase, sale, exchange, or loan of collections.
- Establish specifications for reproductions and oversee their manufacture or select items from commercially available replica sources.
||Graduate Teaching Assistants
- Return assignments to students in accordance with established deadlines.
- Order or obtain materials needed for classes.
- Copy and distribute classroom materials.
- Keep up-to-date records of circulation and materials, maintain inventory, and correct cataloging errors.
- Evaluate vendor products and performance, negotiate contracts, and place orders.
- Arrange for interlibrary loans of materials not available in a particular library.
- Inventory equipment and supplies, ordering parts and tools as necessary.
- Collect and store patterns and lumber.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Examine and inventory firefighting equipment, such as axes, fire hoses, shovels, pumps, buckets, and fire extinguishers, to determine amount and condition.
- Direct maintenance and repair of firefighting equipment, or requisition new equipment.
||Adapted Physical Education Specialists
- Request or order physical education equipment, following standard procedures.
- Maintain inventory of instructional equipment, materials, or aids.
||Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- Select and assemble books, materials, supplies, and equipment for training, courses, or projects.
- Acquire, maintain, and repair laboratory equipment and tools.
||First-Line Supervisors of Agricultural Crop and Horticultural Workers
- Requisition or purchase supplies, such as insecticides, machine parts or lubricants, or tools.
- Issue equipment, such as farm implements, machinery, ladders, or containers to workers, and collect equipment when work is complete.
||Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers
- Maintain props, products, or mannequins, inspecting them for imperfections, doing touch-ups, cleaning up after customers, or applying preservative coatings as necessary.
- Store, pack, and maintain inventory records of props, products, or display items.
||Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, and Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Select and obtain materials and supplies, such as textbooks and laboratory equipment.
- Purchase and maintain equipment to support research projects.
||Set and Exhibit Designers
- Select and purchase lumber and hardware necessary for set construction.
- Acquire, or arrange for acquisition of, specimens or graphics required to complete exhibits.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inventory and record quantities of materials and finished products, requisitioning additional supplies as necessary.
- Maintain inventories of materials.
||Audio-Visual and Multimedia Collections Specialists
- Locate and secure settings, properties, effects, and other production necessities.
||First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions.
- Order and purchase flowers and supplies from wholesalers and growers.
- Locate new materials and direct their acquisition and display.
- Check courtroom for security and cleanliness and assure availability of sundry supplies, such as notepads, for use by judge, jurors, and attorneys.
||Wind Turbine Service Technicians
- Maintain tool and spare parts inventories required for repair, installation, or replacement services.